Dan’s litigation practice at HKR is fast-paced and busy – he represents insurers with a particular focus on commercial property insurance coverage. After 5 years of trying criminal cases as an Assistant Public Defender in Philadelphia, Dan has also developed a substantial interest in the investigation of suspected fraud. His experience includes multiple jury & bench trials, as well as the civil prosecution of insurance fraud cases.
Dan graduated from the Temple University Beasley School of Law magna cum laude, where he was in the Order of the Coif, reserved for the academic top 10% in a graduating law school class.
Dan resides in Philadelphia and is a passionate Eagles fan. That passion, however, takes a clear back seat to his wife and daughters.
- New Jersey
- Eastern, Middle & Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- District of New Jersey
- Temple University School of Law
- Penn State University, BS Economics
- "The Basics of Time Element Coverage", Co-Author Lara Stern Orman, February 2023
- "Immunity Statutes: Protecting Open Communication Between Insurers and Law Enforcement", SIU Today (Co-Author, Rob Runyon), Summer 2022
- “The Approaching Storm: Business Income Losses, Catastrophe Claims, and the Post-COVID Economy”, Co-Authors, Aubrey Shea of J.S. Held, and Robert M. Runyon III, Esquire and Matthew B. Malamud, Esquire, July, 2020
- White Paper, “COVID-19 and Property Insurance: Coverage Considerations,” Co-authors Bob Horst & Rob Runyon, March 2020
- White Paper, “COVID-19 and Commercial Property Insurance: Coverage Considerations”, Co-author, Robert T. Horst, March 2020
- “Red Flags Mean Go: The So-Called Bad Faith Set-Up Must Not Prevent A Fraud Investigation”, SIU Today (co-author, Patrick McHugh), September 2019
- Presenter, “Insurance Fraud: Affirmative Actions & Jury Psychology,” Pennsylvania Auto Crime Investigators Association, (October 2021)